Roasted Honey

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Phone Book Delivery!

   Ah, fall. Time to distribute phone books to the citizens of Ponca City!

   You might think it sound crazy, but have you ever thought about where your phone book came from? Ah-ha! You never have! Well, I never had before I started helping. Phone books come from a warehouse; a warehouse that I’ve never been to, unfortunately. 


   Someone (I think it was Josiah, Luke, and Levi) picked up the bundles of phone books from the warehouse and brought them to the church parking lot, where we promptly split up the load into two cars. Those two cars hold anywhere from four to six (or seven or eight) people. One of those people is the driver the rest are runners or baggers. The baggers put the books in bags (as their name implies). And the runners run the books from  the car to the citizen’s front porch. I was a bagger :) 


   ANYWAYS! That’s the basic idea :) The best part is being with friends while you do it :)

    Friends are such a ENORMOUS blessing. I’m SO VERY THANKFUL that God blessed me with these AMAZING people to have close fellowship.


   This was a day full of laughter, craziness and fun. If any of my friends (or  family ;) ) know that I love you guys. 


   Wither you live a short walk away from my house, or on the other side of the world, I’m so thankful that you are in my life!


   
   Love you guys!

   P.S.~   This post is very late in the week, I know, but I have a good reason! That's what my next post will be about!

1 comment:

  1. So much FUN! Aww...good times. Friends are totally and completely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Better Together - Jack Johnson