Roasted Honey

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Counters!

       Like I said, I have a good reason for posting so late last week! :) 
                 My mother has been planning on redoing our kitchen counters for some time now. And we started the other day!
 Our counters used to be bright, sunny yellow



The kitchen sink used to be in that hole under the window, it was yellow as well. We had to take it out to work on plumbing one day and now we are getting a new one!!!!!!!! YAY!

 

Yes, I know. VERY 70's.



.

   This was our base coat.


Already starting to look better!
 

Ahh, MUCH better than yellow!

My lovely sister, Alyx, starting to sponge on the paint.


 

This is what it started out looking like. I was a little worried, needless to say.



But this is how it turned out! 


I think they turned out BEAUTIFUL!

We have to let them cure for a week. That means no cooking or eating in the kitchen for SEVEN days! Microwave dinners and paper plates, here we come!

Now we're trying to decide on a back splash... I think that might take a while :)

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! and there was really no way to mess up! you just paint over what you didn't like with another color

It was fun, but I'm glad its over. Maybe we can get the smell of paint out of the house now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Better Together - Jack Johnson