Roasted Honey

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NOC Roust About!

I'm am now a future NOC (Norther Oklahoma College) Roust About!
     I know you're just burning to know how it happened, so here it is!
    The other day, Wednesday or Thursday, I went shoe shopping with my mother  : ) And out of all the people that could have been working at the store that day, a lady named Abby was. We start to look around the store and try pairs of shoes on and she comes over to help us, after a bit of looking she shows me the EXACT pair I was dreaming of and a conversation ensues about shoe colors and the Gala at NOC. Cut to her telling us that Roust Abouts are still needing some people and that I should go audition! I thought that was a great idea so I naturally called administration and soon I was talking to Dana!
    Dana, is a crazy, lovely lady and she was very sweet and enthusiastic over the phone when she told me that all the vocal slots for the Roust Abouts were filled, but they happened to need a guitarist! I told her that my skill level was probably too low to play for them, but she said to go ahead and come audition. the next hours of my life were full of song sorting and guitar practice. I decided to sing and play I will Glory in My Redeemer from church and I'm glad that I didn't think twice about it!
    All went well when I played, as far as I could tell anyways, then I left the room so they could talk. When I came back I had to sight read a little, which I had hoped I wouldn't have to do, but I survived : ) and THEN they asked me to play on an electric guitar as well. When I was finished, I left the room again. Let's just say that I was pretty nervous at that time, but I went to the green room and had an absolutely great time visiting with the Roust About group. It was amazing being accepted and welcomed by all of them!
    Long story short, I called yesterday to see if I could audition vocally, and got a guitar AND vocal audition TODAY!!!! I think I had 24 hours, if that much, to prepare, sleep and audition!
    I guess the real reason I wanted to write this is to thank all of you for your faith in me and you prayers for me : ) I don't think I could have done it without you all : )

2 comments:

  1. Sandra, this seriously almost brought tears to my eyes...I love seeing God work in others' lives, and I know He will use you mightily through this. So when can I come watch you perform? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't start until the fall when classes begin (as far as I know). But when I find out I will tell you right away : )
    God is AMAZING and that's all I can say! I really didn't think I would make it, but I guess it's His plan and not mine ~ THANKFULLY!
    I also think that they're pretty desperate, just so you know, lol : )

    ReplyDelete

Better Together - Jack Johnson