Roasted Honey

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yes, I have holes in my mouth, what of it?

   In case you didn't know, I had my wisdom teeth out last week on Thursday. It went quite well; very well compared to what I had envisioned in my head, (drills breaking and slicing my tongue off, that sort of thing) but still, I have not been a happy camper for the last week. 
   First of all, I like being able to chew! And when you take that away from me, my life starts a downward slope.
   Second, I really like being a normal human NOT on narcotic pain meds. And when you put those pills in your body you cannot be responsible for what you do, or do not, do! So really it's not my fault that I don't quite remember everything that happened last week... right? : )
   ANYWAYS the good thing about feeling bed is that you appreciate the good time so much more! So today I appreciate the fact that I feel well enough to go and intern at the art center.
   Did I tel you that I'm interning again? This time I'm teaching a pottery class! How cool is that? It's a lot of fun, but very tiring. I get to stand up and walk from station to station for three hours while trying to make eight year-olds understand that a big lump of clay needs to be turned into something beautiful that WONT explode in the kiln, but art is art and children will be... children! The kids that I teach are all real sweethearts, which is good, because I don't think I would be sane right now if they weren't : )
   Well there is a life to be lived off of this computer, so farewell for now!
  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, poor Sandra!! I'm glad you're feeling at least a little better now!! Aaand, it's so amazing that you're interning at the art center. I'd totally want you to be my teacher :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaley :) You're so sweet! I'd love to be your teacher... but I you might be a little old for my class, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

Better Together - Jack Johnson